Saturday, March 17, 2012

There's something about Saturdays that I just love. Maybe it's the fact that I can linger a bit longer with a cup of coffee without needing to rush around to head out the door to work.  Maybe it's knowing that in between my chores and other responsibilities, I will have a little time to do the things that I enjoy.  I'm not sure ... but there's a certain comfort in Saturdays.

This morning, I woke feeling grateful.  Maybe it's because others around me are struggling right now.  It seems that so many in my life are being challenged with situations beyond their control.  Since the first of the year, a friend has suffered multiple tragedies, another friend's life is in turmoil due to the disease of addiction, another friend is home with her father who is in his final stage of lung cancer, and another friend is wrought with worry over her daughter's life choices.  Whatever the reason, I am reminded to not sweat the little stuff and to embrace each day for the gifts that it brings.  That is the thought that I will try to carry with me today.

Yes, there is a certain comfort in Saturdays.

Pin It!

1 comment: