I went away to crop for the weekend and to celebrate my 60th birthday. Not sure how much celebrating was done as I spent most of the weekend in bed with a miserable cold. And I only managed to get 3 layouts done the entire weekend. That's not so surprising because I am not a power scrapbooker ... I tend to be more slow and steady.
Anyway, while I was away, Dawn C., a member of BASF decided to have some fun and posted a challenge called "While the Cat's Away" ... She challenged folks to post some inspirational ideas, layouts, sketches, etc. To help get the ball rolling, Dawn posted this sketch:
And Shari rose to the challenge with this layout:
Nice job on the layout, Shari!
Then in true BASF fashion, others jumped on board. Tina posted some helpful instructions on 'word art':
To journal within a circle:
- Open up MS Word
- Click on the oval shape. Click and drag on your page to make the desired size.
- Double click on the shape. A box should pop up to format the shape. Click on color to make it no fill. Click on size to make sure the width and height are the same. Otherwise it would not be a circle.
- Click OK
- Click on the text box. Click and drag over the circle shape.
- Click on the text box again. A box should pop up. Click on color and choose no fill. Change the width and height to the same size as the circle.
- Click OK
- Click on the text box and drag it right over the circle so that it is right over it.
- Type your text as you wish and make it fit as desired.
- Use the center button in the journal box to even out the sides as you type.
You can find other helpful tips on the forum at: www.bostonscrapfanatics.com.
Then Lynne jumped in with another fun sketch:
And followed that up with an awesome sketch site (new to me and fabulous)!!! www.scrapsketches.blogspot.com. Tons of absolutely gorgeous sketches to be found there! Take a peek, I promise you won't be disappointed!
And, so not to be left out of the fun - troublemaker Amy suggested they all sneak into my house and raid my supplies! Gotta love that girl - she gives the term 'crafty' a whole new meaning! LOL (At a crop we went to a year or so ago, she actually glue dotted my tools down to the table. Who said glue dots don't hold? LOL - they were S T U C K good!)
Gotta love the BASF members - always full of fun and mischief!