Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy National Scrapbooking Day to all my scrappy buddies.  And, in true fashion, there's some fun going on over at www.bostonscrapfanatics.com.  If you've never checked us out, you really should.  We are a fun-loving group that extends far beyond the Boston area.  We have folks from Canada, Pennsylvania, and Michigan to name a few locations.  So what are you waiting for ... c'mon and join us!

And, because it's National Scrapbooking Day and I needed to work on a project, I've done another cute little something something with my favorite scrapbooking subject of late.  This is for Avery's Nana for her desk at work.

If you've ever been to a restaurant with me, you know that one of the things I do first is collect the coasters.  And, yes, I've been known to take them off of the surrounding tables as well as my own.  Then, one day I had an idea ... we were at Texas Roadhouse and I simply mentioned to our waitress that there was a special tip involved if she could snag me a stack of coasters!  Bingo!  She brought me an entire unopened package.  Score!  For an additional $5.00 I had 100 brand new, never been used coasters!

Here's my latest project using some:


This is the inside of a tri-fold desktop photo frame.


And this is the outside.

I bought those little hinges at CK Manchester last weekend, but I know for a fact that you can purchase the very same things at Home Depot.  I touched mine up with alcohol inks in Citrus and Ginger and finished them off with a little bling.

It was such fun to make.  I love making little minis!

So grab some coasters and give it a try!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've transformed these coasters into beautiful projects! Wonderful design :)

    ReplyDelete