Thursday, February 9, 2012

A hug can turn a frown into a smile.

When I woke yesterday, in my quiet time with God, I was struck by how blessed I am. Not only do I have two homes, a car, a functioning automobile, a wonderful family and an awesome circle of friends, but I also have a wonderful employer, Sue.

When I returned to work yesterday, after having taken time off last week to take Eligio to two doctor's appointments, and out Monday and Tuesday of this week because of his hospitalization, Sue called to check on how I was doing.  And when Brian, her son, handed the phone to me, I knew I had to tell her how grateful I was that she was in my life.  And I did just that.  And because I was speaking from my heart and with unabashed honesty, the conversation got a bit emotional.  Brian, who was sitting across the office said "Oh, no, Carol, don't cry" and promptly got up and hugged me.  Now I ask you, how lucky can a girl get?  I have an employer who is understanding and very generous and am surrounded by technicians that are fun, helpful and genuinely caring.  My job is yet another blessing I add to my gratitude list each day!

My gratitude list keeps me positive in a negative world.  It keeps me upbeat and happy and reminds me of how grateful I am for the things I have and not focused on the things that I do not have.  It reminds that life is a true gift.  I tell you, I am abundantly blessed.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. You are extremely lucky Carol. Truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the saying "What goes around, comes around" is perfect for you! You give nothing but 100% or more of yourself, honesty, friendship and love so you should expect nothing less....HUGS!

    ReplyDelete